A bike injury to the Achilles tendon in Maryland – Attorney at LawWritten by ruxandra
Each year, tens of millions of people ride their bicycle to go to work, or for exercise and recreation. However, as many bicyclists may know, a lot of drivers tend to overlook bicycles, putting them at risk. According to the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), more than 600 people were killed while riding bicycles last year, and more than 38,000 were injured. But specialists consider that many bicyclists don’t report their accident to the police, which increases the numbers exponentially. If you were the victim of a bike accident, contact a bike injury lawyer from Maryland to help you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Most of the time, a bike injury to the Achilles tendon in Maryland occur when:
- The driver turns left in front of a bicyclist. This happens when the motor vehicle and the cyclist come from opposite direction, and the car makes a left turn, cutting off the cyclist.
- The driver turns right in front of the bicyclist. The two vehicles ride in the same direction, but the bicycle is going straight, and the motor vehicle will pull in front, making a right turn.
- Car door opening. Sometimes, the people in the cars open their door without looking if someone or something is coming. This is a common type of bike accidents.
- Sideswipes. In this case, the drivers of big vehicles (with wide mirrors or wide trailers) get too close to the bicyclists riding on the side of the road.
It can prove difficult to demonstrate the legal responsibility for a cyclist injury claim in Maryland. If you want to receive bike injury compensation in MD, it is best to contact a bike injury attorney from Annapolis.
To determine the fault in a bike accident, you have to prove two things: the state law and the facts of your case. To have a successful cyclist injury claim in Maryland, it is best if you:
- Write down all the facts of the accident as soon as possible. You have to write what happen, where the incident occurred, when it happen, what was your injury, and where were you when you were injured.
- You can take pictures of the scene, of the vehicle involved and your bicycle.
- Try to find witnesses and get statements from them
- If a report was written, you could get a copy of the Motor Vehicle Accident Report.
If you hire a bike injury attorney from Annapolis, they will investigate all the facts of the case and gather the proof you need to prove liability and establish the bike injury compensation in MD.
In addition to this, the rules of the road that state the relationship between bicycles and motor vehicles will help determine liability. The Maryland law says that bicycles are vehicles, and just like other vehicles, they have rights and responsibilities.
If you took part in a bike accident, you can contact the best bicycle injury lawyer from Maryland at (443) 569-3950 or email at [email protected]. Together with us, your cyclist injury claim will bring the person responsible to justice, and you can receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Free of charge consultation of you case.