Biography of Injury Lawyer Christopher L. Beard
Personal Injury Case Outcomes
- Wrongful death, family and personal representative of victim mistaken for home invader killed by co-tenant – action against landlord for failure to introduce co-tenants ($1,800,000.00 awarded in damages by court)
- Electrocution, involving wrongful death, at electrified water fountain in front of restaurant and bar, in suit brought against business and patrons ($1,100,000.00)
- Product liability claim against maker of camera (endoscope) used in surgery, the source of the spread of bacteria, with a DNA match ($300,000.00)
- Electrocution involving worker at construction site who was using jack hammer which came in contact with underground high voltage line, settlement and workers’ compensation award ($275,000.00 plus benefit)
- Explosion of hotel’s poorly maintained high energy electrical equipment causing severe burns, among other related injuries, to electrician called by employer to site ($200,000.00 plus worker compensation benefits)
- Water safety accident by patron for amusement park ride involving a water tunnel slide ($100,000.00)
- Electric shock of worker who came into contact with undisclosed voltage line in electrical box ($70,000.00 plus $25,000.00 in worker’s compensation benefits)
- Electric shock, cafeteria worker came into contact with electrified stove from defective repair of adjacent appliance due to water collection ($35,000.00 plus workers’ compensation benefits of $108,900.00)
- Slip and fall with surgical injuries by customer from water that had fallen off roof that froze ($237,500.00)
- Trip and fall by worker over toolbox of copy repair man involving a traumatic cyst formation in claimant’s back ($100,000.00)
- Medical malpractice involving surgical error during an elective hysterectomy when surgeon perforated the large bowel causing complications due to spread of infection ($350,000.00)
- Personal injury of student during boat accident in Mexico against school sponsoring foreign trip (Jury verdict after trial of $517,000.00 in damages– new trial granted, case settled for confidential amount)
Professional and Civic Awards
- Selected as a Maryland “Super Lawyer” by Baltimore Magazine and Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine in 2012.
- Award of a Peer Review Rating of AV Preeminent, highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards, Martindale Hubbell, 2011.
- Featured in What’s Up Magazine in 2009 and 2010 as a leading Annapolis lawyer in personal injury law.
- 1997 Annual Award for Professional Legal Excellence in the Advancement of Professional Competence, presented by the Fellows of the Maryland Bar Foundation.
- University of Maryland, B.A., 1973.
- University of Baltimore, J.D., 1976.
Admitted to Bar
Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County.
Federal District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Chair, Board of Appeals, City of Annapolis; member, 2000-2006
- Recipient, Award for Professional Legal Excellence in the Advancement of Professional Competence, Maryland Bar Foundation, 1997
- Co-Author: “Teaching Lawyers About Alcohol Can Saves Lives Down the Road,” The Daily Record (Baltimore Maryland), June 19, 1991
- Trustee, Maryland Institute for Continuing Education of Lawyers, Inc.,1981-1986, 1999-2001
- President, Annapolis Jaycees, Inc., 1985-1986
- Member, Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission for District Seven, 1988-1994
- Panel Member, Maryland Health Claims Arbitration Office, 1989-
- Hearing Examiner, Board of Education of Anne Arundel County, 1991-
- Facilitator, Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, 1990-
- Reported Cases: Smith v. County Executive, Etc., 421 A.2d 979.