Defective motor vehicle case – Faulty Product Lawyer from MarylandWritten by ruxandra
If you have suffered any kind of damage or have been injured because of a defective motor vehicle (car, SUV, truck, ATV, motorcycle, etc.) you could have a defective product injury claim in Maryland. You can contact your faulty product layer from Maryland to determine if you can recover injury compensation and what evidence you need in order to win your case.
Defective motor vehicle examples
Today’s cars are not that straightforward as they used to be years ago and they have more than 30,000 parts. Because of this, the chances of something being defective are pretty high and if something breaks, then you could be involved in a blameless accident. Some examples of motor vehicles Maryland defective products lawyers had to deal in the recent years include:
- Cars that were sold with defective tires that are more prone to blowouts
- SUVs that roll over
- ATVs (all-terrain vehicles) that roll over extremely easily
- Motorcycles that tend to wobble at high speeds
These are just common examples that are either the fault of the vehicle manufacturer, designer, or because of a defective car part. Your defective products attorney from Maryland can help you gather the evidence you need file your injury claim and receive compensation.
Types of motor vehicle product liability claims
Most product liability claims that involve cars come in two varieties:
- Vehicles that have an unreasonably dangerous design. These claims involve motor vehicle (or vehicle parts) that have been properly manufactured, but have a dangerous design that can cause injuries or other damages. In most cases, the vehicles/vehicle parts have been available on the market for period of time before the dangerous design is discovered.
- Defectively manufactured vehicles/ vehicle parts. This category of claim involves vehicle/ vehicle parts that were improperly manufactured. This can be the result of an error that occurred at the manufacturing facility (vehicle/vehicle parts), at the dealership or during shipping.
Identify who is liable in your case
Your defective products lawyer from Maryland can help you determine who is at fault based on what their engineering experts revel after careful investigation. In order to win your case, you have to file your claim against the guilty party. By filing your claim wrongly, you will most likely lose the case and you will also get to pay the costs of the defendant’s lawyer.
Just like in other product liability cases, the liability for the accident will fall on one (or more) of the parties from the chain of distribution, including:
- The manufacturer
- The parts manufacturer
- Automotive supply shop/ Car dealership
- Shipper/ Middleman
- Used car dealer
Even if the defective vehicle that caused the accident did not belong to you, your product defect attorney from Maryland will still be able to file a valid product liability claim. This vehicle can be either a borrowed car or even a defective vehicle that was driven by someone else. Don’t think that if the vehicle is not yours you do not have the right to ask your defective products attorney from Maryland to get you the compensation you deserve.
Your product defect attorney from Maryland knows that the legal basis for defective products is different than the one for negligent driving even though the whole case revolves around a motor vehicle accident.
For more information about defective motor vehicle accidents and claims you can contact the best defective products lawyer from Maryland at (443) 569-3950 or send an email to [email protected].