Defective product and injury claims in MarylandWritten by ruxandra
Product liability is the branch of law that deals with the defective products. The product liability laws can hold the manufacturers, designers and vendors liable for their products if any harm that comes to a buyer/user. These products can be almost anything, from food items, to medical instrumentation and automobile components. If you’ve been injured by a defective product, you can file an injury claim with the help of your defective products lawyer from Maryland and get compensated for the injury/ damage you’ve suffered.
What is a product defect?
Your defective products attorney from Maryland will tell you that the term “defect” is defined by the law as a flaw that is present in a certain product. You may have a winning liability case if you suffered any injury due to any defect in a product. The liability statue includes three types of product defects:
- Manufacturing defects – faulty materials, poorly functioning equipment and quality inspection failures are considered manufacturing defects. If you’ve got injured because a product malfunctioned, you may file a claim against the manufacturer with the help of your faulty product lawyer from Maryland.
- Design defects – this type of defect is the result of poor design and often includes the type of materials selected for the manufacturing of a product. Design products can be missed initially, but your product defect attorney from Maryland will surely not miss them.
- Failure to warn – this is a defect in product warning and safe-use documentation. Even if a product is working properly, if the manufacturer failed to provide enough information about how to properly use a product and a person gets injured, then they will be held responsible.
Product liability injuries
Each year, tens of thousands of people get injured because of defective products. Some injuries may not be life threatening, such as cuts and bruises, but sometimes people lose their life due to a defective product (such as a defective vehicle component). If you suffered an injury because of a defective product, contact your defective products attorney from Maryland and find out if you are entitled to injury compensation.
Product liability lawsuits
The lawsuits that are filed under defective product liability include different arguments, but usually fall into the following three categories:
- Negligence cases. Your faulty product lawyer from Maryland has to prove that the manufacturer, designer or vendor knew that the product could injure someone and that they failed to take any steps to prevent the injuries from occurring.
- Strict liability cases. This type of case deals with the sale and production of unreasonable hazardous products. Here, your product defect attorney from Maryland does not have to prove any negligence. They only need to prove that a defect makes the product unsafe for proper use.
- Breach of warranty. This sort of liability case deals with the product’s failure while it is still under warranty.
For more information about defective products and to determine if you can file against the manufacturer, designer or vendor of the product, you should contact the best defective products lawyer in Maryland at (443) 569-3950 or send an email to [email protected].