Everything you need to know about food contamination in Baltimore, MDWritten by ruxandra
Food contamination is extremely dangerous for the safety of the population, but even so, it is still very common. Food contamination in Baltimore, MD, can be anywhere, from a restaurant, school, hospital cafeteria, or even when you cook the food yourself using grocery shop ingredients. This is why a lot of people suffer from food poisoning every year. Food poisoning can be easily avoided if the restaurant or grocery shop owner pay attention to the expiration date and if the products are kept in the recommended conditions. With the help of your personal injury lawyer from Baltimore, Maryland, you can receive compensation for the food poisoning and the health issues related to it.
About food contamination
It is frustrating when people are negligent and other people have to suffer because of it (and especially when you are that person). Your Baltimore injury lawyer can bring the negligent person to justice and make them pay for it.
Food poisoning is quite common in the US and most claims related to it include:
- Viruses and Bacteria – for example when you ingest food contaminated with Salmonella or E. coli.
- Toxic substances – certain substances are toxic to the human body and if (by a known or unknown cause) leak into the food, then your personal injury lawyer can help you sue and get compensation. Examples of such toxins are mercury and toxic dyes (from packaging).
- Organic toxins – if the food has expired or was if it was exposed to animal waste then it can cause food poisoning.
- Foreign objects – in some cases, foreign objects fall or leak into the food and, after you ingest it, they cause food poisoning.
Your personal injury attorney from Baltimore, Maryland, can get you the compensation you deserve also depending on what caused the food poisoning.
Proving Food Contamination
Any Baltimore injury attorney knows that proving food contamination is extremely complex. But with the help of the professionals your Baltimore injury lawyer recommends, you will have the evidence needed to receive compensation for hospital costs, medical bills, lost income, and emotional distress. For your case to be valid your personal injury attorney from Baltimore, Maryland, will have to prove:
- That you were harmed by contaminated food
- That the food contamination came from the defendant
- That the responsibility and liability for the food falls on the defendant
Baltimore injury attorney
The legal counsel you choose to represent you in court and aid you with your case can help you prove you’ve been injured by food contamination. Contaminated food should be taken seriously and if the culprit is not brought to justice, it is possible they will do the same in the future and hurt somebody else. Your lawyer will also recommend expert witnesses and specialists that will support your case and increase your chances of winning the case.
For more information about food contamination, you can contact the best personal injury lawyer from Baltimore, Maryland, at (443) 569-3950 or send an email at [email protected].