How to write a slip-and-fall demand letter in Maryland?Written by ruxandra
If you suffered a slip-and-fall accident, at one point you will send a slip-and-fall demand letter in Maryland to the property owner, the attorney representing the business or person liable, or to an insurance company. In this article, you will learn what your demand letter should include and how such a letter should look like. You can easily do this with the aid of a personal injury lawyer from Maryland to receive a slip-and-fall injury compensation in Annapolis area.
Information that has to be included in your demand letter
In a slip-and-fall personal injury claim in MD, the demand letter serves as an informal start to a settlement negotiation process, in which the details of your slip-and-fall case are included. You and your Annapolis injury lawyer can compose the demand letter, and it should contain:
- A detailed account of how, when and where the accident happened (what you were doing, where you were, what you saw, and a description of the cause of your slip-and-fall accident).
- Details about your injuries and the treatments associated with the slip-and-fall accident (emergency room treatment, visits to your doctor or specialist, physician therapy, rehabilitative care, etc.).
- Details about your lost income and all other financial losses that resulted from the slip-and-fall accident (time you missed work, including for the doctor’s appointment).
- Details about all other damages that could have resulted from the slip-and-fall (this includes pain and suffering).
- Details about witnesses to your accident or people who have any knowledge about similar incidents that occurred on the property where you slipped and fell (name and a written statement from them).
- The amount of slip-and-fall injury compensation in Annapolis you accept to settle the case.
All these sound quite hard to gather by yourself, but with the help of an Annapolis injury attorney the job will be done in no time.
Your Annapolis injury lawyer will include all the documentation that can support your claim, including:
- Photos of the slip-and-fall accident scene, the hazard, and the injuries you suffered
- Written statements of witnesses to your accident or people who know about the dangerous conditions on that property
- All medical records, including bills from doctors and any other medical providers
- Records from your workplace that state the financial losses you suffered because of the time you missed work.
It is best to contact an Annapolis injury attorney to help you with all this. But if you want to do all the work by yourself, you should still contact a lawyer to take a look at the demand letter and make sure that you have a proper slip-and-fall personal injury claim in MD.
For more information and help with your slip-and-fall demand letter, you can contact the best personal injury lawyer from Maryland at (443) 569-3950 or by email: [email protected] for a free consultation.