What to expect from a bicycle testicle injury in Columbia, MarylandWritten by ruxandra
In both boys and men, the testicles hang outside the body in a small skin pouch known as the scrotum. Because of the location where the testicles are located, they are extremely susceptible to trauma, including bicycle testicle injury in Columbia, Maryland. Most testicle injuries are blunt trauma, affecting 75% of the victims. If you suffered a testicle injury, you can contact your personal injury lawyer from Columbia, Maryland, to determine if you can sue to receive compensation.
Riding a bike may be incredibly fun, but at the same time is extremely dangerous. Numerous bicycle accidents happen every year. If you were the victim of a bicycle accident, you can contact a Columbia injury lawyer to help you file an official injury claim.
Types of bicycle testicle injuries
The trauma to the testicles can cause many problems, depending on which testicle tissue got injured. The testicles are made of various tissues and structures that can get hurt while riding a bike (even without being part of an accident). Your personal injury attorney from Columbia, Maryland, can help you if you suffered a bicycle injury such as:
- The tear through the testicle’s protective cover
- Testicular tissue tears (without breaking the outside protective covering
- Blood vessels injury, causing contusion
- The spermatic cord which connects the abdomen to the testicles can get injured due to
- The torsion of the spermatic cord which causes complications without any visible injury
- Sometimes it is possible for the testicles to get pushed outside the scrotum and into the abdomen (your Columbia injury attorney knows this is a frequent bicycle and motorcycle injury)
- Blood collects under the protective layer covering the testicles
- Animal bites which also cause nasty infections to the scrotum
- Traumas to epididymis causing inflammation and possible infection
But these are just the most frequent testicular injuries. You can contact your Columbia injury lawyer and as them to refer you a specialized doctor that can give you an appropriate diagnostic.
Symptoms of testicular injuries
Most men know that getting injured to the testicles can hurt quite a lot. But some testicular injuries can cause different symptoms, such as:
- Blood in the urine
- Swelling of the scrotum
- Discoloration/bruising of the scrotum
- Difficulty urinating
If you hit your scrotum, you should get checked up by a doctor immediately, because you may have a medical emergency (like testicular torsion). You should then contact your personal injury attorney from Columbia, Maryland, to ask them what evidence from the doctor you need to ensure you have a solid case that will get you the compensation you need and deserve for your pain and suffering.
Getting the assistance you need
Depending on your case and how your injury occurred, your Columbia injury attorney will give the appropriate advice. Filing a bicycle injury claim may not seem hard, but if you fail to fill in everything accordingly, your case can get dismissed.
Contact the best personal injury lawyer from Columbia, Maryland, at (443) 569-3950 or at the email [email protected] and you will get a free consultation of your case.