Bicycle personal injury insurance in Greenbelt, MD – What is that?Written by ruxandra
Insurance companies have started in the last few years to offer bicycle personal injury insurance in Greenbelt, MD. There are many different insurance types, such as for auto, health, home, etc. But now you have another option if you love riding your bicycle. The bad news is that a lot of people are not aware of this option or don’t know enough about it to trust it. If you were involved in any bicycle accident, you can contact your personal injury lawyer from Greenbelt, MD, before contacting the insurance company. Your Greenbelt injury attorney can deal with the insurance company in your stead and make the most of your insurance.
What can a bicycle insurance cover?
If you are not familiar with any bicycle insurance, you must know that you have options. If you look at a bicycle insurance, you will find the categories of coverage you are provided with, including:
- Physical damage to your bike.
- Medical payments
- Underinsured/ Uninsured motorist coverage
- Bike rental reimbursement
- Spare parts
When deciding on a bicycle insurance, you can discuss with your Greenbelt injury lawyer. Your personal injury attorney from Greenbelt, MD, can detect any misleading words in the insurance that could make you misunderstand the meaning.
What each category means
- Physical bicycle damage. This means that if your bike is stolen or receives any damage, you will receive compensation for the repairmen or replacement of your bike.
- Injury. If someone was injured while you were riding your bicycle, the policy will cover all the damages you caused (depending on the insurance limit).
- Medical payment. If you were the one who was injured while riding your bicycle, then the insurance company will cover the treatment costs, including the rehabilitation. Your personal injury attorney from Greenbelt, MD, can explain to you more about this process.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If, for example, a vehicle does not have insurance (or is insufficient), and you were injured, then the policy will kick in.
- Bike rental reimbursement. If you are more than 50 miles away from your home, then the system can help you with the cost of a temporary bike replacement (only if you are at an organized cyclist trip, race, or event).
- Spare parts. Insurance policies can cover the loss or damage of the bike’s components
Needing a bicycle insurance
The bike insurance may sound great, but an essential part of it is the injury insurance. There are a lot of cars and obstacles on the roads these days, which may put your life in danger. Each year around 20,000 people are killed by motor vehicles while riding their bike. But your Greenbelt injury attorney probably knows that more people are injured while riding their bike, though not all people report the accident to the police.
If you were hit by a motor vehicle and suffered any injuries, you should contact a Greenbelt injury lawyer to help you file a personal injury claim.
For more information about the bicycle insurance, you can contact the best personal injury lawyer from Greenbelt, MD, at (443) 569-3950 or send an email at [email protected].