The child passenger safety laws in AnnapolisWritten by ruxandra
The Center for Disease and Control has reported that in around 72% of the cases parents don’t use the children booster seats as they were intended and fail to protect their kids in case of a car accident. The child passenger safety laws in Maryland, are designed to help children stay safe while riding a car. In Maryland, as opposed to other states, the law allows children to ride in the front seat (but not in rear-facing car seats). Your attorney can help you if your child got injured in a crash and will get you the car injury compensation in Annapolis you need for their treatment.
Children passenger laws
Child safety experts recommend all children under the age of 13 to sit in the back of the car and to use car safety tools that are appropriate for the child’s age. Your car injury lawyer from Annapolis will formulate a case based on the laws of Maryland. The child passenger laws obligate:
- All children under the 8 y/o that ride in a proper child restraint (seat, booster seat or other approved safety device).
- All minors between 8 and 16 y/o have to wear a safety belt if no other restraints are present
- All minors under 16 y/o are forbidden to ride in the bed of trunk if it is unenclosed
The car safety tools are designed to protect your child in the case of an accident and to minimize the consequences of a car accident, including for a car head injury in Annapolis. That is why, if you used all the safety measures but your child still got hurt, your personal injury attorney from Annapolis has legal options to bring the culprit to justice, indifferent if it’s the other driver or the company that manufactured the safety tools.
Car safety tools
- For infants – use a rear-facing infant seat or rear-facing convertible seat
- For toddlers or children under 4 y/o, you can use a forward-facing seat (or convertible)
- For children with ages between 4 and 8, you should use a booster seat
- Children older than 8 can use the safety belt while sitting in the back seat of the car
In some cases, because of a manufacturing defect, the life of your child may be put in jeopardy. One of the most common injury children suffer from is the car head injury in Annapolis. With the help of your car injury lawyer from Annapolis, you can file a defective product liability claim against the manufacturer, the retailer and any other entity from the chain of distribution.
Why getting a lawyer is important
Car safety is something that needs to be taken seriously. But in many cases, even if you did everything you were supposed to, your child might still get hurt. That is where your car accident attorney from Annapolis will come to your aid. A professional injury lawyer is not able to undo the accident but is the best course of action if you want to fight for your rights and receive car injury compensation in Annapolis.
Contact the best car accident attorney from Annapolis at (443) 569-3950 or send an email at [email protected] and you will get a free meeting and consultation to discuss details of your case.